Open Water Certification
- Earn Certification Allowing You to Dive Anywhere in the World!
- Dive to Depths of 60 ft
- Low Student to Instructor Ratio
- Experience Key West's Living Coral Reefs
- Top-Of-The-Line Gear
Explore the mystery and wonder of the ocean deep with your Open Water SCUBA Diving certification! In just four days, you will learn everything you need to know to safely and properly dive up to 60 feet in any ocean around the world. This is the type of investment that is completely worth your time and effort.
The Open Water certification includes pool work, instruction in that pool, and four guided dives. Most people can actually finish the course in just three days with class work on the first day, and two dives on the second and third days, with a quick instruction session at a pool beforehand. Receiving this certification in Key West allows you to explore one of the most fascinating underwater environments in the world, the coral reef gardens.
The coral reef just off the coast of Key West is part of the only living coral reef system found in the continental United States. You will be amazed at the level of diversity, color, and life that is found down there. And with a scuba diving certification, you can come face to face with the amazing wildlife that make their home among the coral reef.
What is an Open Water Certification?
An open water certification course allows students to complete all classroom and pool work with a local dive shop. The local dive shop will issue students a certification letter.
What is included in the Regular Certification Course?
The regular open water certification course includes classroom, pool work, the four open water check out dives needed to complete your certification.
What is included in the E-learning Certification Course?
Pool training and open water dives with equipment are included. Academics will need to be arranged by yourself for the online classwork and is paid for separately.
Is all equipment included in the cost of the course?
All of your diving equipment is included in the price of the dive.
Can my non-diving partner come on the dive?
Yes. While your partner will not be able to participate in the dive itself they can come along as a rider and enjoy the trip with you. The rider/snorkeler fee is $45 plus tax.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- All divers must be at least 10 years old.
- All divers must be in good health (a Medical History form will be signed at Check in)
- Price does not include course books, logbooks, and dive card processing (extra fees - "Regular Certification" coursebooks are $79.95 plus $40 for cert card processing. "E-learning Certification" coursebooks are $48.95 plus $40 for the cert card processing) These are paid upon check in at the shop.
- Divers MUST wait a minimum of 18 hours before flying after this dive trip
- Cost of online E-learning course via padi.com is additional and not included in the E-learning course.