Morning Two Tank Dive
- Experience Key West's Newest and Greatest Shipwreck Dive
- Experienced and Professional On-Board Dive Team
- 46' Phoenix High Speed Custom Dive Boat
- Fresh Water Showers
- Dive Depth 75 to 90 Feet
- A Dive Guide is Required for Open Water Divers, for a Fee of $30.00 each
Enjoy the wonder of diving deep beneath the ocean's surface just off the coast of Key West, Florida. Here, you will discover a unique world filled with a diverse and populous underwater ecosystem. Among the coral reefs and wrecks, you will find hundreds of colorful and unique fish and plant species. You will be amazed at just how many creatures are down here as well as how varied they are!
The AM trip is special because it also takes you out to the USNS Gen. Hoyt S. Vandenberg. The USNS Gen. Hoyt S. Vandenberg wreck site is accessible to all levels of divers aged 15 and up. It rests in 150 feet of water, yet its profile and superstructure rise from the bottom to the shallowest point of 47 feet below the surface. It is Key West's Newest dive Location after being sunk May 27, 2009. The Vandenberg is the Keys Largest Shipwreck and sure to be the most popular!
What are the requirements to participate in this dive?
This dive requires an open water certification or higher.
What is the guide fee?
The guide fee allows newer divers that aren't advance certified to experience a deep wreck dive. Each diver within the same party should pay the guide fee (if even just 1 is needed) in order to dive together in the same group. Otherwise AOW or higher divers will be paired up with another AOW or higher diver.
Can you pick us up from our cruise ship or hotel?
Unfortunately pick up is not provided on this activity.
Can I use/bring my own scuba diving equipment?
Yes. Many people feel more comfortable using equipment they are familiar with and are best suited towards their body type. While we do everything to ensure our divers are using the safest, most reliable gear we do allow our divers to use their own dive gear.
Can my non-diving partner come on the dive?
Yes. While your partner will not be able to participate in the dive itself they can come along as a rider and enjoy the trip with you.
Is There a restroom on the boat?
Yes. There is a restroom or "Marine Head" for use on the boat.
What about sharks and other sea creatures?
With all the media hype it's understandable why people offten ask this question but the truth is that unprovoked shark attacks are very, very rare and attacks on scuba divers are even more rare. Our staff, divers and dive masters are all trained in making sure your dive is safe and enjoyable.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- BLACK OUT DATES FOR THIS DIVE:
- Important: A dive guide is required for any diver that just has their basic Open Water Certification, there is a PER DIVER fee. (For divers with Advanced certifications or higher the dive guide is optional, however to dive altogether in the guided group with mixed certification levels all divers must pay the fee)
- Important: All divers doing the AM Vandenberg dive MUST have gone diving within the past year and be able to show proof of this
- Divers must be at least 15 years of age with Open Water Certification (Junior open water divers must upgrade to an open water certification before diving the Vandenburg)
- You are responsible to make sure you're medically qualified to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those deemed medically unqualified. This is for your safety.
- Please note: We highly recommend having a wetsuit for the AM dive, especially in the winter months. Wet suits are available for rent from us for $10 per person during check in.
- Please note: Dive computers are required for this dive and are NOT included in the Full Equipment price. Please bring your own dive computer. If you do not have one, you can also rent one from us for an additional $15, during check in.
- Nitrox Can be added by request, and is not always available. Each tank is an additional $18.
- Max Depth Allowed - 100 feet, no exceptions.
- Special Requests: Occasionally we get requests to make the second tank of this dive a reef dive. This is very seldom, but is known to happen from time to time. Please understand there is a small chance we'll have a reef dive for tank #2.
- Divers MUST wait a minimum of 20 hours before flying after this dive trip