Chaser Key West
- 18' Gene Montgomery Flats Skiff
- Light Spin Rods and Fly Rods
- Sage, Finnor, Tibor Gear
- Ultra Light Spin Rods From 8lb to 20lb
- Fly Tackle - 8wt Rod Thru 13wt Rod Available in Left Hand Retrieve or Right Hand Retrieve
Since the 1970s, Captain Mike Wilbur has been taking out many an enthusiastic fisherman or fisherwoman to the various back country areas throughout the Florida Keys.
Using different fishing techniques such as fly fishing or spin fishing, Captain Wilbur has been catching all kinds of fish species in the waters of Key West. This is the type of captain that is prepared for anything. This makes for a very fun and spontaneous type of fishing excursion. Captain Mike says his main priority is that all his charter guests have fun while fishing. This, of course, includes a main goal of catching as many fish as possible.
Some of the most popular fish species that you will find in the Key West back country include bone fish, redfish, snappers, jacks, permit and tarpon. If you are a little more experienced with flats fishing, then we can try for a harder catch, say a shark or a barracuda. Aboard Captain Mike's 17-foot Maverick, the Chaser, you are guaranteed a smooth and easy fishing trip!
What is the weather cancellation policy?
If the activity iscancelled due to bad weather, and you cannot reschedule, you will be issued a full refund.
How long is each Fishing Trip?
1/2 Day Trips = 4 Hours or 3/4 Day Trips = 6 Hours
Are food and beverages included?
No they are not, however you are more than welcome to bring your favorite foods and beverages and we will provide a cooler and ice to keep them fresh and cold for you.
Are alcoholic beverages allowed?
Yes, alcoholic beverages like Beer, Wine, and Wine Coolers are allowed. However, for everyone’s safety, Glass containers are not permitted - metal or plastic containers only please.
Is fishing gear provided?
Yes, top-of-the-line fishing gear is provided.
Is bait provided?
Yes. Bait is provided on all of our fishing trips.
What is the customary gratuity?
If you enjoyed your trip and are satisfied with the service provided by our Captain and Crew, a tip of 15-20% of the total trip cost would be very much appreciated.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Deposit refunds WILL ONLY be given if your captain cancels the trip, UNLESS otherwise agreed upon in writing. If your captain cancels the trip due to poor weather you will receive a full refund. If your captain cancels the trip on a "Fishable day" due to reasons out of his control (ex: mechanical problem) we will try to find you a comparable charter.
- You must cancel your charter 14 days prior to your scheduled date or you will be held responsible for the remaining balance UNLESS your guide is able to schedule a new customer.
- To cancel your reservation for any reason, you must call our office directly. Cancellations made via email are not valid, will not be honored and you will still be financially responsible for any charges incurred.